Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas... One more time.

Another show down, and I'm as depressed as ever. I think the theatre bug bit me again, hard. White Christmas was the first show I have done since Godspell in 2008, and it was possibly the most rewarding theatrical experience I have had. This show, more than others, had its fair share of issues. We were forced to begin a week late because of another show at Playhouse. We also had nowhere to rehearse for the first three weeks of the show, so we played musical rehearsal spaces for a while. We also had no music director, trouble with costumes, and a severe lack of backstage crew. But we pulled it off in a way that hasn't been done before, in my experience. There was so much heart in this show and so many people willing to go above and beyond what was asked of them. I can't tell you how much outside work I did with people to make mine and their roles the best they could possibly be. 


So, to the cast of White Christmas, on the off chance that any of you read this...


Thank you. You're amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment